Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there!
I'm relatively new to the whole Betta world -although I've had my Betta, Roscoe, for a year and a half now.
Before he came to me he was my sister's fish but soon she was more into boys than caring for such a delicate little fish so she gave him over to me in quite poor condition (fin rot, underfed and most likely almost frozen after not having a heater). . . Fast forward to now and he's the happiest little Betta I've ever seen, along with a few very quirky character traits :D Which is what brings me here.
I wanted to know if what he is doing is normal for a Betta;
-Swimming against the flow of his filter outlet (like it's his very own water treadmill).
-Showing off to his reflection in the tank glass by swimming nose down, tail up and flaring (afterwards, instead of confronting his reflection full on, he'll swim away to his castle and distracts himself by playing hid and seek).
-And his favourite: Gliding along the bottom of his tank (not quiet touching the pebbles) with his pectoral and ventral fins spread out like he is a impersonating a sting ray.

Does anyone else having a Betta that does this and should I consider enrolling him in a Betta Circus? ;-)

(Apologies for the lengthy thread)

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
I don't have one that swims against the current, but i have sponge filters. All of mine do at least one of those behaviors, so yeah, they're quirky, but not abnormal.
I have one that licks the glass and flicks his tongue out when he sees me like pavlov's dog.
They're so funny and entertaining.

·
Registered
552 Posts
He sounds like quite the character! Lucky boy he ended up getting padded on to such a great caretaker.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts