Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nippy was my only best friend in the state of michigan :(

I was watching him swim around all day, happy and joyful. He would dance when I would dance, beg for food and food was what he loved. I only overfeed him once before, and it was because he ate an algae wafer.

However, after the algae wafer bloating he got scales lost on his head. It got worse over time but then suddenly he was getting better and better. But today I found him randomly dead on the bottom of the tank upsidown. And I found that the heater was set to the highest heat and it felt as warm as bath water which i'm not sure if that's the cause, I hope he's in a better place.

I have absolutely not a clue what caused it. After researching all over, I never found out what the loss of scales meant. He also ate a piece of aquarium salt -_-; he ate everything I put in there...

Eh, I might switch to salt water or other types of fish which are colorful.

The fish was my best bud, that's the reason I got him. It's too bad to see him going so early, i've cured him of 5+ different diseases, poor thing. And he had a 10 gallon tank with heater, filter, etc. It's odd....

I still wonder what caused it.

·
Registered
97 Posts
So sorry for your loss. :'(

·
Registered
4,736 Posts
I don't think he died from eating AQS. TDP nibbles on it and nothing bad has happened to him

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't think he died from eating AQS. TDP nibbles on it and nothing bad has happened to him
I agree..... Sounded like a heat issue when I bumped the heater it goes haywire. It's a very bad heater to use...

Like I said the water felt almost like bath water, medium warm but the thing was on full throttle. He was acting completely normal and fine an hour or two before I seen him even after I bumped the heater. :/

It was either that or some disease/illness. and it happened pretty fast :(

·
Registered
4,736 Posts
Nippy is in the big fishbowl in the sky. :cry:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts