Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tonight my Sapphire drew it's last breath...no wonder i felt bad when i woke up....:(((( R.I.P.
This was the 4th week i've had him....i dunno if he was already sick when i got him(he was kept in a little vase, and the water was dirty)
I dd his water changes, and kept the filter on a couple of hours a day (coz the filter's movement disturbed him, so it was on for some hrs a day)
At first he seemed fine, doing bubble nests and everything and then he became less active (which i thought was because of the a bit lower temp.)
and the last 2 days he ddnt eat even....and this morning found him dead :-(
and i noticed that he lost color upon any contact with any other thing (after he died, if his body touched another thing it would leave color...is it normal? )
what do u think ? i probably suck as an aquarium hobbist but do u think its possible he was already sick n i ddnt notice when i bought him....:cry:
i probably wont buy a new one for some time....

·
Banned
27,599 Posts
I'm sorry about Sapphire. Yes, he could have already had something wrong with him when you got him. I don't think you suck as an aquarium hobbyist. I think you did the best you could with him. Give it some time. You might feel like getting another one later. I had color rub off a dead fish onto a net once. I have no idea why.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.