Betta Fish Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
61 - 77 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
753 Posts
Hmmm. Wow, I never even heard of a Rabbit Snail....Very cute! I love snails :)

·
Registered
4,899 Posts
I just realized I haven't seen mine for a few days. Hope he's just buried.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
they are really cute arent they!

sorry i haven't looked at this thread in a few days. did you find him, Olympia? i know my babies are great at hiding for days. the one in the 29 really likes to hang out in the driftwood, and Burrow hides amongst the gravel a lot. Darroh likes to bury herself too.

i really think Bea is gone. but i dont want to like, bury her alive, if she's still a live. she's had a little floating container to herself for a couple days. i put food in there earlier but she didnt come out. i changed the water out of her container so there's no more food. i should probably try a veggie but im not sure it'll work :/

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
i think they do best, like if you're just keeping one of them as a pet, with at least 2.5 gallons to themselves. and regular twice weekly water changes, and a vacuuming a week. like a betta. snails are super sensitive so the changes are super important. when i kept one snail in a 3 gallon with my betta i changed water and vacuumed almost three or four times a week. Snails poop a LOT.

·
Registered
3,337 Posts
Aww! After getting two nerites (at PETco) I just love snails! Mine don't get very active until around 4-5 pm... Although I catch my smaller one climbing out of the water at 6 am...

·
Registered
11 Posts
I just found a baby rabbit snail in my tank! I think its one of my yellows- not one of my oranges. I had just added new Java moss and saw this small shell. I thought it was a hitchhiker from the moss so I put it back into at with other moss. I saw this morning the face of a rabbit snail!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Don't like double posting but since I can't edit the last post...I have 2 baby rabbit snails. Looks like one orange and one yellow. I have since moved the adults to our 55 gallon but am keeping these babies in with my betta. So excited!

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
Its all good I'm sure. people can definitely click my link in my siggy to check out my thread for more pics and even a video. if mods don't.want necromanced threads though, I'm sure people will be more careful :p
Posted via Mobile Device

61 - 77 of 77 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.