Betta Fish Forum banner

24321 - 24324 of 24324 Posts

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
You guys, I work in higher education student financial aid. I will never understand other peoples' financial choices and why they feel they're entitled to a free college education. Unless a kid is an exemplary student, with amazing grades and has national merit scholarships or infinite scholarship streams, do NOT send your kids out of state to a 4-year university; solely relying on FAFSA. There is nothing wrong with community colleges or technician degrees. Better yet, serve our country!! Learn life skills rather than waste countless hours on social media platforms. The increasing tuition costs (even for in-state) is ridiculous. So many California residents (among other states) claim it is their "dream school." Yet, they don't want to pay their university tuition. Then, these students cannot attend future classes because their student account is in arrears over $10,000-$20,000! Remarkable! Might as well buy a new car! Instead, they bury themselves in more (federal or private) student loans. They even beg for grants. I know everyone has a unique financial situation or hardship. However, begging for grants? That's like asking for a hand out. Do people truly understand how the system works? Having a 4-year college degree doesn't define you. People really need to live within their means. -Sincerely, The Dream Crusher

·
Registered
7 Posts
"I HATE the corona virus its cancelled all the things i look forward to"

I hate that some people are taking orders to stay at home seriously and some are not.
I live in an affluent area in USA and the families with money are having a grand-old time with this lockdown.
Meanwhile the less fortunate neighbors have got to work minimum-wage jobs without health insurance.

This all seems really unfair to me, and I bought a fish so I could stay at home and mope. 🇺🇲

24321 - 24324 of 24324 Posts