Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
http://bettasplendid.weebly.com/diy-dividers.html

This is the method I use for dividing my tanks. I "buffed" my up a little bit but using the #7 as well as #10 or #14, I don't remember, its the plastic ones they sell in rolls near the sheets. Mostly because it was to block out them seeing each other even more.

Heater - Aqueon adjustable heaters, one of my posts around here is basically talking about how I had multiple types of heaters across multiple tanks where my wood boiler went out plunging my house to about 38 degrees. The adjustable heaters are very nice just because you can set them as any temp you want and it will automatically shut off and turn on instead of just constantly being on especially if you're in an area where there is more of a fluctuation in temperature.

light i use the "plant max" light they sell for the regular single tube hoods.

Whisper tetra air pumps are SUPER QUIET ad I know because I have at least 4 of them in my room which I also sleep in which is also my fish room and I can actually sleep with them around.

For the filter on mine, because I have a glass lid and recommend a glass lid simply because with a divided tank it gives them less of an opportunity to jump a divider, I use a three split penn plax small world filter. its powered by the air pump and I run one tube to the 3 way valve and then have the three tubes form there feeding each little filter. if you decide to do an in tank filter or HOB, just be sure to adjust/block the flow s much as possible so one fish wont be constantly buffeted around their home just because the filters in their slot.

for food, either omega one betta or new life spectrum, best foods out there for a betta :]

water change would be about... eh... 25% once a week. Every time I change the water I give the gravel a good once over.

For live plants, I would recommend, Java ferns, java moss, and anubias as well as marimo balls.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts