Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, thanks for your posts on my previous thread. As I mentioned before, my fish was sick.

Likely caused by not enough water changes and no heater.

I tried one week of Bettafix without much success.

I'm now on day 2 of aquarium salt water treatment, doing 50% water change daily.

I also took the other 2, 1 gallon tanks I have of my kids with their very active Bettas and put them next to the sick fish tank.

I also turned on a desk lamp next to all the tanks to augment their incandescent nite lite bulb in their tanks.

First of all, the sick fish is looking better. Much more active. Crimson color is very robust now. Activity is dramatically improved and feeding has increased too.

The other 2 Bettas are also more active, darting around and moving around their tanks more.

I think they all like the company.

I'm going to continue this salt water for 1 week. How does that sound to you folks?

I was given a 10 gallon tank by my brother that I'm going to split into 3 slots for these fish. 3.3 gallons for each.

I would like some advice on tank set up please:

Heater
Light
Filter
Air bubbler

Food brand and feeding pattern

Plants?

Water change frequency and cleaning of the floor of the tank and/or when to perform 100% water change.

And anything else you could suggest.

Euro and Russell please chime in with your expertise!!!!

Thanks much!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Euro. Your last post was helpful too. I'll message you if I need any specific help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts