Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! I used to be on this forum years ago as Tress. Figured I'd start out new and fresh, as I have with my life. I'm going through college now for IT and did great through the first semester! Rebuilding my confidence and learning how to take care of myself has been a challenge but quite rewarding.

Anyways, I gave up on fish keeping after years of issues with my tanks. Nothing lived more than 2 years and I just had endless health issues with my most of my fish. I came to accept that my well water just had too much heavy metals to keep either bettas or plants alive, no matter how hard I tried. I've since moved into my own place and after helping a friend with her fish issues, I've realized how much I miss fish keeping. So while visiting my mom for the holidays, I snagged my 2.5g set up (don't have anywhere to put my 5 or 10g set ups atm :( ) and am planning on ordering some other supplies soon. I was hoping to find a local breeder, but I don't think there are any in my area currently. I'm not rushing into anything this time, I'm gonna take my time and plan out what I want and get the tank up and running first. Hopefully this time someone doesn't buy me a betta for christmas and ruin my plans xD

1 - 3 of 3 Posts