Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, this is just the weirdest question I've ever asked, but can bettas have... diarrhoea? Or something?

My boy is currently in epsom, as he was bloated for a couple of days. Since then, his bloat has subsided, but I'm yet to actually see poop. There is, however, a sort of... fuzzy brownish stuff that keeps appearing at the bottom of the QT tank. I would assume it's poop, that has somehow become disintegrated...? I'm really confused. It's been about 3 days since I've seen him actually poop, but like I said, his stomach fills up and goes down as if he is.

Buh. Is he chewing it up and spitting it back out, or what...? :s I'm still yet to clean out his proper tank since a fungal infection, so he's been in a 1gal WT for the last week or two until I have the time to do that, but I'm diligent with water changes and he's otherwise healthy. Help?

·
Registered
190 Posts
What are you feeding him? I am getting my fish used to pellets after being on flakes for months. Zamboni has gotten used to it but Winnipeg tends to inhale it then spit it out and repeat this. I'm assuming she is eating but it does leave some food at the bottom looking stringy. Do you have any pics of said "poop "?

·
Registered
692 Posts
From what I've read, Esposm sort of acts like a laxative....but I don't know if it changes the poop consistency D:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts