I forgot about this one. Easy and fast! Just made it tonight xD
Salsa Chicken
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
4 teaspoons taco seasoning mix
1 cup salsa
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
2 tablespoons sour cream (optional)
Directions

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C)
Place chicken breasts in a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking dish. Sprinkle taco seasoning on both sides of chicken breasts, and pour salsa over all.
Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 25 to 35 minutes, or until chicken is tender and juicy and its juices run clear.
Sprinkle chicken evenly with cheese, and continue baking for an additional 3 to 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly. Top with sour cream if desired, and serve.

I serve with Mexicorn and Rice, and mix it all together. Tastes like a undone enchilada. I personally use half Newman's Farmer's Garden Salsa, And half Newman's Hot Salsa, but I am sure any type would work. The farmer's garden is nice because of the extra veggies it adds.
MMM, I'm going to have to try this recipe. It sounds really good.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Toasted PB&J!

1. Toast bread on low until crispy.
2. Spread Peanut Butter and Jelly on the bread.
3. Add peanuts inside of the bread for extra crunch.

Lol and you just made the most simple food ever fancy-ish!

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter #45

Rodney's super simple Chili:

4 can's of beans (in tomato sauce)
1 can of corn
1lb of ground beef
Lots of chili powder(to taste)

This was my father's recipe for chili... its really simple and yummy. I usually add onions/green onions in it for an extra kick!

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Easy Elephant Ears (Triple E)

Get some nice big tortillas, butter one side with butter or margarine and sprinkle brown sugar and cinnamon on top. Place in nonstick skillet. Fold the tortilla in half and wait until sugar and cinnamon bubble and the outside is brown and flip over if necessary. These are HEAVEN!
Made these today! Loooooved them :) It was like a cinnamon roll... but flat! :p

·
Banned
27,614 Posts
I made Salsa Chicken tonight and we really liked it! It's a great recipe because it's easy and I always have those ingredients on hand. Thanks, bamsuddenimpact!! Saslsa chicken gets a 5 star rating from me.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Haha yay!

Chocolate chip Cookies!

Ingredients

• 1 1/2 cups flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 stick of butter (1/2 cup)
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 1 tablespoon corn syrup
  • 1 egg
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1 cup chocolate chips
Directions

1. Preheat your oven to 375F. Whisk the flour, salt and baking powder together. Set aside. Cream the cold butter and sugar together by beating them until they are smooth in a stand mixer. If you don't have a stand mixer beat vigorously by hand in a large mixing bowl or combine them in a food processor. Add the corn syrup, egg and vanilla and continue beating until well combined. Scrape down the bowl and gradually add the flour mix, beating just until combined. Stir in the chocolate chips with a spoon.
  2. Using a spoon scoop out a ball of the dough and drop onto a lightly greased cookie tray. Flatten slightly. Repeat leaving lots of room in between the balls for the cookies to expand. Bake for exactly 12 minutes. Cool for two minutes on the cookie sheet then remove and cool further.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Here's one of mine I came up with on accident. Makes a great use of leftovers from taco-night and uses easy to find ingrediants.

Ingrediants:

Flour or corn tortilla

Refried beans

Salsa.

Cheese.

Warm a pan and make your 'taco' spreading first the refried beans add salsa, and cheese. Fold in half and place on the pan. Turn every couple of seconds until hot. Serve immedietly with a cool beverage.

It is super yummy! I recommend using sweet salsa's like ones that use peach or mango instead of the usual ones with just peppers tomato's and such.

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
Really Really REALLY Easy Peanut Butter Cookies

1 Cup of smooth peanut butter
1 1/2 cups of brown sugar
1 Egg

And that's it.

Mix well and roll the dough into balls about an inch in circumference. Place on oven pan, heat oven to 350*. Place balls on baking sheet and squish with a fork to create a cross pattern, and bake for about 10 minutes, or until brown on the bottom.

Delicious Fruit Compote

2 Cups of your favourite fruit (IE Blueberries and Peaches, Apples and Pears, Fresh Cherries, Pineapple, Mango, Mixed Berries)
1 Cup of white or clover or wild honey
1 TBSP of cinnamon, or black pepper if desired (believe me, pepper is awesome on fruit!)
About half a cup of white or red wine if desired, or if not have some anyway :p

Cut the fruit up, if large. Place fruit in a skillet over medium heat and add the honey, cinnamon and wine (if not drinking!). Keep stirring until the fruit is brown and coated well with the honey. DO NOT let it boil. You'll know the fruit is cooked when it gets all mushy and sweet.

Serve over vanilla ice cream for an awesome dessert.

Roasted Cauliflower

1 - 2 Heads of cauliflower, cut into florets of similar size
1 clove of garlic, bulbs separated and skinned
1 glug of olive oil
Salt and pepper

Place florets into roasting pan. Pour olive oil over to coat the cauliflower evenly and toss in the garlic. Add salt and pepper as desired. Roast in a 410* oven for 35 - 40 minutes, until the florets are brown and crispy. Serve on its own or on pasta with lots of parmesan cheese.

You can add cherry tomatoes and other veggies to the mix to make a gorgeous pasta sauce. If you want, you can add lemon juice or balsamic vinegar to taste just before roasting.

·
Registered
949 Posts
These all look so good!!!

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Alfredo

INGREDIENTS
1‑1/2 cups best-quality heavy cream, room temperature 6 Tablespoons best-quality sweet butter, room temperature 1‑1/2 cups parmagiano reggiano, grated powder-fine, plus extra for table service Few gratings fresh nutmeg Salt 1 pound egg fettucine, the thinnest fresh, or dried pasta nests PREPARATION:

1. Start a large pot of well-salted water to boil.
  2. In a saucepan, heat the cream to a simmer for about 5 minutes. Add the butter, cheese and nutmeg and stir to combine. Turn off heat and set aside.
  3. Cook pasta until al dente. Turn into a colander, give one shake add to cream sauce. Turn pasta to coat and melt butter. Pasta should be just-coated with a glossy cream. Remove from heat and plate immediately, Passing with extra cheese, if desired.

41 - 60 of 362 Posts