Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys!

So I've got a cycled, planted 20g long tank. For a long time I only had a betta and two mystery snails in it, but I recently added 5 emerald cories and 10 black neon tetras. They're doing really well, and I LOVE the look of a more populated tank. AqAdvisor tells me I'm around 75% capacity, so I'd really like some more fish in my tank. My betta is only semi-aggressive (he flares at the tetras sometimes but largely leaves them alone) so I'm not sure what breeds would go well in my tank. (I wanted some shrimp, but AqAdvisor said no :( )

I had also thought about introducing some daphnia to the tank, but I don't really know how to go about that. Any advice?

Thanks guys. :D

·
Registered
267 Posts
get shrimp., highly recommend amano, they are larger than neocaridina, they dont breed in fresh water, but excellent for cleaning algae on plants.

·
Super Moderator
18,843 Posts
Gorgeous, gorgeous habitat. I love it!

As far as shrimp-friendly you'd need something where the shrimp could hide during molting. Like this buried in the substrate:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Aquarium-Ceramic-Cave-Crab-Cichlid-Shrimp-Small-Fish-Hide-Breed-Shelter-House/261984395027?epid=894064748&hash=item3cff7c9f13:g:0ccAAOSwHnFVuJP~

You can cut a piece of PVC in half and bury it in the substrate so the shrimp have a tiny entrance but the other fish can't enter. I think they also make half clay pots.

I'd add more "fluffy" stem plants: Anacharis, Cabomba, Myrio, Hornwort, etc.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts