Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone!

I have a betta that was struggling with tail biting for a while. I put some Indian Almond leaf in, and he hasn't bitten since.

Now, I am starting to see some regrowth on his tail (yay!), but all along the edges of the tail, I see these little red dots. It almost looks like he has a ton of little blood blisters lining all the injured parts of his tail. They appeared about 4 days ago, on the same day I noticed the first bit of regrowth.

Has anyone seen the same red dots on healing fins? It doesn't look like septicemia, but does anyone have any ideas what they're from?

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
Buttercup had a couple of red edges after a major fin shredding, and then they went away. I have absolutely no clue whether they were blood or the beginnings of a problem that he fought off, assumed the worst, and gave him 100% water changes every other day. The IAL really helped...

You may wish to fill out a form on the diseases and emergencies thread. There's a sticky at the top of the list with the form to fill out. Include a picture if you can, and hopefully someone will have a more solid answer for you.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts