Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Goku - glxy koi nemo hmpk, Zulu - glxy koi hmpk, Numi - green samurai hmpk, apache glxy koi rt
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am week 10 into a successful spawn but have counted only one hmpk fry out of the 60 (a currently cellophane male). This is devastating as I was hoping to get a well formed koi hmpk female out of this pairing to match to an orange base show male hmpk i have. Goal was to improve anal fin on male, strengthen rays and have some hmpk to choose from 馃槱

Male is an import, i half suspect he was a hmpk from a hmpk x pk, thats why ive ended up with 90% pk :( pretty fry but not what i hoped! Is it possible for them to develop additional rays as they mature or do I have what I have? Advice moving forward with line greatly appreciated! New to betta genetics

Mom:
Water Liquid Fish supply Organism Fin

Dad:

Some fry tails :3

Attachments

Registered
Goku - glxy koi nemo hmpk, Zulu - glxy koi hmpk, Numi - green samurai hmpk, apache glxy koi rt
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I plan on only evaluating the hmpk offspring to continue this line, dont want to have a repeat of the pk tail type taking over.

Registered
I plan on only evaluating the hmpk offspring to continue this line, dont want to have a repeat of the pk tail type taking over.
So I am week 10 into a successful spawn but have counted only one hmpk fry out of the 60 (a currently cellophane male). This is devastating as I was hoping to get a well formed koi hmpk female out of this pairing to match to an orange base show male hmpk i have. Goal was to improve anal fin on male, strengthen rays and have some hmpk to choose from 馃槱

Male is an import, i half suspect he was a hmpk from a hmpk x pk, thats why ive ended up with 90% pk :( pretty fry but not what i hoped! Is it possible for them to develop additional rays as they mature or do I have what I have? Advice moving forward with line greatly appreciated! New to betta genetics

Mom:
View attachment 1027234

Dad: View attachment 1027235

Some fry tails :3

View attachment 1027236
View attachment 1027237
View attachment 1027238 View attachment 1027239

1 - 5 of 5 Posts