Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally decided to completely remodel my 10 gal betta tank because it was beginning to look really rough. Wish I could’ve gotten a “before pic,” but I was dealing with such a bad algae bloom and dying plants that I was too embarrassed, lol. Anyway, here’s to final outcome! Added some new sand, trimmed a LOT of my amazon sword’s dead leaves, added the wood from my goldfish aquarium, and some new java fern and water wisteria.

Any tips on getting the wisteria to grow? The last time I tried this plant (in a different tank), I planted it and it rotted from the bottom up. This time, the bottoms looked rotten when I took it out of the tube so I trimmed what I could tell was bad and I’m floating the rest in the mean time. There’s a layer of Floramax under the sand from when I first set the tank up, and I’m using seachem flourish as a fertilizer. What else can I try?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
The tank looks beautiful! Have you considered Seachem Flourish Advance instead?

Wisteria is amazing. I am no green thumb by any means, however, based off the leaves, it looks like the plant needs to convert. I have Wisteria and from what I recall, it needed some time (one or two weeks I think) to change. I would occasionally prune the leaves to promote growth.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts