Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
g..guys...I messed up today... I managed to splash meth blue all over a pure white wall. Any tips on how to get rid of it? :crying:

·
Registered
55 Posts
The only thing I know is light sanding, Kilz primer spray paint and repaint. Sorry. Might wait and see who else has any ideas. If it didn't soak through the paint into the sheetrock, you might try magic eraser.

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the advice!
Im renting the house so cant sand/paint without them finding out lol, but I ended up doing something similar. After doing some intense research I collected a whole bunch of chemicals that people have used to clean of meth blue stains and I started with the weakest one which was vinegar.

So I rubbed vinegar on it with a q tip and it actually worked! I think what really happened was the vinegar slightly "melted" the paint and it scrapped off the stained paint with it...because paint bits were sticking to my qtip and I was making a small dent in the paintwork... so I just blurred the paint back in with more vinegar so you dont see a jagged hole with edges. Its not 100% gone and if you look very closely you can see little unnaturally smooth patches in the paintwork with a slight blue tint, but you need to be looking very hard to see it...much less obvious than little blue spots everywhere.

Unfortunately that technique didnt work with the little splatter on the varnished part... Ive heard hydrogen peroxide works so might give that a go

Im so relieved :-D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts