Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since my aquarium has been very cloudy for unknown reasons, I want to change my substrate from glass pebbles to a gravel substrate.

(My cloudy water problem thread is here http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=672570 Nothing helps my cloudy water! :-( )

What is the safest way to go about doing this? If I change it too fast, it will get rid of a lot of good bacteria, correct? Or no, because it's glass pebbles right now?

I assume replacing a little bit at a time would be okay. And methods for replacing it? (As in, with hands or not.. I don't have a net I can use) Any advice would be great, though!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Since my aquarium has been very cloudy for unknown reasons, I want to change my substrate from glass pebbles to a gravel substrate.

(My cloudy water problem thread is here Persistent Cloudy Water Nothing helps my cloudy water! :-( )

What is the safest way to go about doing this? If I change it too fast, it will get rid of a lot of good bacteria, correct? Or no, because it's glass pebbles right now?

I assume replacing a little bit at a time would be okay. And methods for replacing it? (As in, with hands or not.. I don't have a net I can use) Any advice would be great, though!
very little of your beneficial bacteria is in your substrate most of it will be on your filter on the sponge thats why you never replace your sponges unless its falling apart or your run two filters incase you want to replace so you can your bacteria you might be overfeeding if your water is cloudy. is the tank filtered in the first place? and gravel is harder to keep cleaner than pebbles sand is the easiest to keep clean since it is so fine poop and food cant get in between the granules

1 - 2 of 2 Posts