Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I had to go to Walmart to get a few things and found this guy on the self. His water was so dirty you could barely tell there was a fish in it... I had to get him. I believe he would be a multicolored VT, right? And what about a name? It was so spur of the moment I have no idea. And I'm sorry the pics are so bad. I didn't want to scare or stress him out anymore.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
He's so precious!! Don't worry, I'm sure your care will have him unclamped in a day or two and his colors will start brightening up! I am betting his fins are going to turn bright orange and his body will probably be blueish-purple. ^_^ I would definitely call him a marble... and one lucky betta that you saved him!

This might sound silly, but despite his abuse, he looks so regal. What about the name Prince? Or how about Sheik?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
He's so precious!! Don't worry, I'm sure your care will have him unclamped in a day or two and his colors will start brightening up! I am betting his fins are going to turn bright orange and his body will probably be blueish-purple. ^_^ I would definitely call him a marble... and one lucky betta that you saved him!

This might sound silly, but despite his abuse, he looks so regal. What about the name Prince? Or how about Sheik?
I hope so. I check on him about every 15-30 mins and he's already swimming around a little more. I'm keeping him in my old 3 gal halfmoon tank but once I get my other betta in, I'm hoping to divide another 10 gal. And I wasn't expecting a place like walmart to have such a fish. o_O
And I like the name Sheik. :)

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
He'll be just fine, no worries. He doesn't even look like he has fin rot, which is astounding after you found him in such gross water. He's gonna perk up for ya, I can tell!

I'm glad you like the name Sheik! That was the name of my very first betta. :)

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
He'll be just fine, no worries. He doesn't even look like he has fin rot, which is astounding after you found him in such gross water. He's gonna perk up for ya, I can tell!

I'm glad you like the name Sheik! That was the name of my very first betta. :)
That's what I was thinking as well about the fins. He loves the warm water. :)

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I wasn't able to take pics this morning because of class but he looks better already! I haven't seen him touch his food though. I'll hopefully post some this afternoon. :)

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Gorgeous!! He looks so much better already, I am in love with his colors!! I'm sure he's VERY happy to be out of that filthy cup and in warm, clean water with a good owner caring for him~

1 - 14 of 14 Posts