Betta Fish Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I wanted to reintroduce myself after a few years hiatus.

I joined this site years ago when my partner and I bought our first veiltail betta, Lakitu, as a "starter kit" from a pet store. I'm glad I found this site with the wonderful, helpful members because our fish lived in a half gallon cell with no filter or heater. The poor thing would be cupped once a week while I cleaned the cell 100%.

I learned about proper husbandry and met lots of great folks. I have since gone through a few more bettas and learned so much about their health, temperaments, nitrogen cycling, sororities, and online ordering.

I am back! I peruse Reddit constantly and thought of this site. It went down for a while and got really clogged with junk and spam but seems to be in better shape these days. I'm excited to be back!

I currently have a red dragon boy, not named (!). He has a 5g spec and is currently chasing his shadow in the low light of my office.

Wondering who else is around that's been here for a few years.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,760 Posts
Welcome back laki!!!
Though I don't personally know you, your user name is easy to remember because it has a meaning in my language (pria = laki-laki = male). Lol

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi indjo! I remember you :)

Thanks for the tidbit about the word Laki! It's an abbreviation of Lakitu from Nintendo games and was the name of the betta that got me really into the hobby.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Welcome back! I was active back in 2015 ish and recently returned and also have a fluval Spec V! Mines currently cycling but hopefully I'll be finishing up with that soon. Your tank looks awesome!

·
Super Moderator
18,317 Posts
Closed per Betta Fish Rule #12.

12. Do not resurrect old threads.
Do not post to a thread that has not received a reply in a year or more unless you are the original poster and wish to update. If you are not the original poster you must create a new thread but you may hyperlink the archived thread to continue an old discussion. Resurrected old threads will be closed. Also, please use "bumps" sparingly and do not bump your own thread unless a significant amount of time has passed without any response.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.