Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, i was wondering if is there any reward for the winner from the photo contest ?? If not then any suggestions ??
I do have some ideas but would like to heard from each of you first hehe, thanks.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Uhm.... A siggy? A special profile picture?

·
Registered
902 Posts
What about you get to come up with a theme for the next compotiton?

And yes, bargging rights. You should be allowed a monster siggy that says "I WON AND YOU DIDN't HAHAHAHAH!!"

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh well, i was thinking since there is a photo contest each month from this forum and there is a winner, you may be interested to get a fish for free.
There is a breeder who live more in the north and he breed betta. He told me that if the members are interested, he is willing to send to you a hm, ct or hmplakat free as long as you are willing to pay for shipping and handling fee.
He has a lot of betta that has fins and tails damage.
Maybe i will ask another betta forum, they may be interested.

·
Registered
735 Posts
I would support the free betta prize if not for the fact that i know myself any many other can't always afford shipping, especially as night get colder.

I's say a custom banner or forum icon with the month/year and such that they won on it would be awesome :) and a breat way to brag lol. Like those"My child is an honer student and BLAHBLAHBLAH" bumper stickers.
Or art, if you know someone who draws and is willing to do so for the winners.
I personally love art. especially hand drawn.

On another site that had dressable avatars i would occationally have someone draw me avi art and i'd have them mail me the hard copy if they drew it by hand.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
On another forum I visit that does monthly contest, the winner would get a little message beneath their name/description when posting

Like, if Bambi above me won, you would see

Bambi
Betta of the Month Winner!!
(Avatar picture)

etc. Nothing special, but it's a little thing to show off everytime you post for that whole month. After the month it goes to the next person. I won two pictures in the same month on a forum and so I got a special double message :D

But the best part is just having that pic up there that everybody sees, lol!

·
Registered
497 Posts
Yeah, I support the free betta thing too.
I'm also in CA(simi valley, ventura county), and I'm a breeder as well, I'm willing to give out fish for winners. Excellent breeders and very few with torn fins. if for any reason that breeder cant do it anymore, i can substitute. Consult with an admin, though. Honestly I thinks its a great idea.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Or if for people who can't take live fish, maybe they could get some other item for their aquarium... Like maybe a live plant or a bottle of pH down, or an air pump... This would be a good idea, really.

·
Registered
497 Posts
There will be extra shipping/handeling fees... But its possible. Those of you subscribed to Aquarium Fish International know of their giveaways, if you find the answer to a question, which is hidden in the mag, you can be eligible to win prizes, like a mag sub, filter, and a lot of other things...
We might be able to implicate that, in a way.

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
It's not possible to send a fish to Canada from USA, and if it were then it could easily get to over $70 in shipping and stressful on the fish lol

I'm cool with something simple like being allowed a bigger siggy for the month, or having something under your user name... OR even a cool colored username?

·
Registered
902 Posts
Oh, I would be willing to do a hand-drawn peice of artwork of any Betta (Or if they want another pet done, but I fail at people....) they choose, or I could do multiple pictures.

Might take somtime though.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts