Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have sad news today, my roommate's betta Ricky whom I also loved just passed on today May 8th 2016. Mothers day. He went to the giant lake in the sky at 10:58 am we're both very sad right now, and worst off we don't know what the cause of death was..but my best friend thinks he had a fungal infection. I treated him the proper amount for fin rot so that wasn't what killed him, but I'm thinking it happened today from the body shock of water temperature he got when she changed the water might have been the cause or a contributing factor but she was only doing her best. I told her not to worry that it's very common with first time betta owners. It happened with my niece's first choral too as aforementioned here in Choral reef in the sky. Ricky was such a funny little guy and a little scaredy catfish lol. He was very curious and very sweet he'd give us fishie kisses and watch whatever we we're doing with intense curiosity lol. he was indeed one of the most beautiful bettas I've ever seen and he loved to do flare sessions with my Sapphire and he had a favorite corner near the picture in his tank. I told my Sapphire in tears "Baby you live twice as long ok twice as long for Ricky, please don't die on us baby please don't. Live in honor of Ricky ok fishie?" Then I hugged his tank and sat it right next to Ricky's tank.

Rest in Peace little guy you are forever missed:cry:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you so much, we had a funeral for him and everything ��

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.