Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I was some reading threads about Betta Pellets and their brands. I was reading the replies and it said that the 1st ingredient should be this and that. But it also said that it shouldn't be wheat. And then it hit me. I looked at my Pellets, and it said that Wheat Flour was the 1st ingredient. Will this be okay??? I use Tetramin Mini-sized Betta pellets. I feed my Betta 3 pellets a day. 1 at morning. 1 at afternoon. And 1 at night. Should I get a different brand or is this one okay??? He is showing no symptoms of any disease out there. He had fin rot b-cuz of the Pet Store I got him from but he recovered. Like i said, will this brand be okay, or should i change?

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
If you can, I would get omega one betta buffet pellets. they are $4. The first three ingredients are: Whole salmon, halibut, shrimp. It's good for betta to eat meatier food because they are carnivores.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
+1 To Omega One. That's what I feed! :D If you can find New Life Spectrum, that's even better!

·
Registered
5,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Okay, thanks. I'll try 2 get that @ PetSmart when I have time.
Any other recommendations??? I also have Omega-One Freeze-Dried Bloodworms as snacks, and Aqueon Tropical Flakes 4 variety.

·
Reference Team
7,703 Posts
Frozen bloodworms are better for them as variety a couple tomes a week. Omega 1 and NLS are both excellent.

I've been trying out the Rapashy carnivore food. No wheat or filler. They're getting used to it.

I like to have some frozen Daphnia around as a mild laxative when needed.

And don't feel bad. I have a bunch of "beginner food" that'll probably never get fed to my fish. ;-}

1 - 5 of 5 Posts