Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My poor 3 year old has woken up to tragedy as her favourite fish, darla died in the night :( not easy to explain to a 3 year old why her pet died especially knowing its my fault. He was supposed to be going to live in a pond the end of this month :( her remaining goldfish will be getting re homed and I will probably get her a betta because they can live in her small tank.

RIP little Darla. I'm so so sorry I didn't do enough for you.

·
Registered
11,653 Posts
Aww! Sorry to hear. And really with all the goldfish tank advertising, stores selling goldfish bowls... It's more of media's / propaganda's fault than yours!

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
I'm sorry to hear you lost your little guy. Sena is right. "Goldfish" bowl advertising has a lot to do with it. Goldfish and bettas really do get the short end of the deal. But I'm glad to hear the remaining one will be going to a pond soon. You should stop by the pond in a year and see how he's grown. If you think the remaining one is getting lonely, you can put a mirror on one side of the tank to give him a "buddy."

·
Registered
4,109 Posts
Sorry for your lost:(
Betta can live in the small bowl it just need a lot of water changes like 1-50 and 1-100% water changes a week.
Good luck:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts