Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m kind of in shock.

Yesterday evening, No Name was buzzing around as usual. Eating enthusiastically.
Hottest day of the year, but that obviously didn’t affect him.

This morning, he was dead.
His tummy looked ‘gently rounded’ but no sign of bloat or dropsy.

Everyone else in the tank (1 nerite, 10 ember tetras, 2 amano) is flourishing, and water parameters are spot on. So is temperature.

:(

I’m not seeing any reason for his death. Maybe he was just destined to die young.

:(

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Here he is last week, just before a water change, after he had knocked his Ammonia Alert off. The little pest.
The hornwort was taking over! Lol.

And this was last night, sadly with him out of shot.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
I so very sorry to hear about Clint. Sudden death in betta is something that happens and no reason can be given for it.
I know he had the very best care.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Thank you!

I left the tank empty (of a betta) for several weeks, and watched the other occupants (1 nerite, 2 shrimp and 10 ember tetras) like a hawk.
No sign of illness, and all perky.
Parameters fine.
So last week I saw a very handsome young betta and brought him home.
He was a bit stunned to go from 2g to 12g, but after a day of hiding he has taken ownership and is looking very happy.
So I am really hoping that Clint's death was just one of those things.
:)

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
I'm so glad to hear this. I know when I lost Ben I had the same reaction. His tank sat empty for a long time. But has since been filled by Little Bee my Yellow and Black Mustard Gas Rose tail. Since then I have added tow more 5.5 gallon tanks, one houses my very special rescue Morry along with his tank mate Gilford Guppy. Morry is a very dark red VT. My third new tank houses Blue a Blue and yellow Mustard Gas. All three of these guys have joined Gunny my 5 year old gun metal gray Elephant Ear. I have also in the past two weeks opened a new 10 gallon that I'm still working on. I should have it finished by the end of the month just waiting on the funds to finish it.

So lets see some pictures of the new kid.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Very sorry for your loss :/

It seems like this can happen to even the most experienced Betta owners and makes me wonder are Betta more prone to sudden death and/or disease? It's just so strange to hear of an apparently happy and healthy fish die for no reason. No weird behavior no symptoms just gone?

Yikes.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts