Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried to post this the other day with no luck... so im gonna try one more time. Bitsey has been looking eggy for some time and the other day i noticed that she was HUGE! Then yesterday she was sluggish and inactive and isnt eating. her water stays at around 80 and she's housed with other females and some glass catfish.

Attachments

·
Registered
214 Posts
What happened in the second picture? She's scared stressed enough to show stripes(or looks like she is.. judging by the eye + stripes)
That isn't damage from the swelling.. Looks eggy to me and not Swollen :)
But that looks like either decoration dmg or more likely a nasty bite..

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Can she see a male betta? She may be unable to release her eggs and be egg bound, or she could be very bloated. I am not an expert as I haven't had this problem, but posting if she has a male near could help someone else.

·
Registered
4,306 Posts
CT females scare me a bit. they're thinner in body shape, and look HUGE when they get eggy. she may very well be normal size, and just looks more bloated. x-x

i agree, though. try fasting her for a few days, see if she doesn't go down some.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
shes got white tissue like EXPLODING out of her body... i mean its litterally falling out of her and on to the gravel... i havent been feeding her... been quarentined and no there's not a male betta near by...

·
Registered
691 Posts
With how swollen it is, it's most likely internal parasites ;o Your poor baby! you can really see her skin ripping in the first pic...

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
looks liek it. try anti parasitics and dont feed. that will clog her up even more

EDIT feed, but like 1 pellet a day, or 1 every other day (dont worry they can handle it easily)

Something says bacterial to me though, get some anti parasitics and if that doesnt work, try antibiotics (these will kill your cycle though)

·
Registered
4,740 Posts
Hm...Looks just like what TDP had the other day. It turned out to be constipation. Give her a cooked pea and see if that helps

Attachments

·
Registered
214 Posts
I don't agree about the pea doesn't help 1 day fasting then a pea can be used on minor cases, it shouldn't be used often because its not natural food for them but it may help with constipation. Epsom is abit harder on the betta.

But I do agree that it wont help here.. I agree about the bacterial part but if anyone can get a member like Oldfishlady to take a look it will be best.

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
Is she LITERALLY ripped open, or is her body releasing it?
Are you 100% sure it's not eggs?
Is it like a solid white mass, kinda wormy looking, please describe it.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
oh she's deffinatly ripped open :( i feel so awful! keeping up with water changes and stuff... but not quite sure what kind of medicine to give her... gonna try some melafix... :(

Attachments

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Found a hollowed out female in my sorority!! From the belly which is what bitsey has. Got another one with the same whitish tissue on its head! Need help asap... Want to save the rest of my tank!!

·
Registered
691 Posts
Parasitic. I'd say get started immediately on trying to feed them something that would help on the inside as well as get started on esposm salt.

I was going to recommend AQ salt, but it might aggravate the wounds... you should PM OFL for help as well. She might know for sure what it is if you're still needing help

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.