Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some of you know, this was an unplanned breeding. Spike (the male) escaped his holding cell while I was at work. Anyway, so the parents of my spawn are both royal blue CTs. I'm actually excited to see if I'll get any greens. Unfortunately, since this was unplanned and I was ill prepared, there are only 5 survivors. That's ok. Makes things easier on me. I do not have an awesome camera but here we go:

Now for the fry! They are a month and a half old.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
They are adorable! ;D Are you keeping them all?

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Back when I had about 50 I started giving them away. I have 3 homes set up. I wish I could keep them all. I think I'll definitely keep a male and female.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update

My fry are about a month and a half old and getting big :) There are a couple that I cant determine what color they will be. The other three look to be royal blues just like the parents. Maybe you guys can help me out.

The one below is an example of one fry I can't determine coloring for. What is it going to turn out like??

The picture below shows one fry that is totally royal blue and another undetermined

·
Registered
692 Posts
So pretty!!!

·
Registered
681 Posts
well atleast you had success with the youngsters...congrats on bringing them up ;)...was the mom the same exact colour as the dad?...cant determine from the photos seen... I think one or both may have came from a mixed spawning hence the reason why the babies have some red on them.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The female was the same color, yes. Strange though, I thought red was dominant over blue. The colors really confuse me. I was expecting royal blues, metallic blues, and greens. I don't know the background of the parents though.

·
Registered
681 Posts
The female was the same color, yes. Strange though, I thought red was dominant over blue. The colors really confuse me. I was expecting royal blues, metallic blues, and greens. I don't know the background of the parents though.
well it happens...like i had bred a pair of CT's both the same colour red/blue same mix and i got alot of different colours...including cellophane/red..and even a orchid coloured one..

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Do you guys know if temperament inherited? The male of this spawn is very laid back but the female was very aggressive. I was just wondering if the spawn would turn out like her because I thought I might keep a female for my sorority.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts