Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, so i want to add some of my flare to Poseidon's tank. And i have these little guys. The are the toppers for the children cups at the movie theatre. Rango and Toothless they are plastic with no sharp edges.
any thoughts? If feel its not safe, should i do something to make them safe? They are meant for little kids (im 26 and still a little kid)

Attachments

·
Banned
580 Posts
OMG I LUV UR TOOTHLESS i couldnt find one I liked to put in my tank to make it a dragon tank LOL..... where did u get him?

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OMG I LUV UR TOOTHLESS i couldnt find one I liked to put in my tank to make it a dragon tank LOL..... where did u get him?
My same reaction when my mom showed me hers. They have special kids popcorn and drink deals at paramount theatres (at least in Calgary), and he was the cup topper when HTTYD2 was in theatres. My mom got it for me.

I kind of want to put my Toothless Funko Pop into the tank, but i dont feel that would be really safe, but these were designed for young children. But i don't want to put them in until i know.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
ok well i do not know if it is safe. but leave it in a bowl of water for a week and if it smells like paint or something gross it is not safe.

·
Registered
6,727 Posts
I would soak them for more than a week... At least 2 weeks but I would do a month.

I tend to not want to put things in aquariums that are not meant for aquariums.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
They are not a very hard plastic, Toothless' tail is pretty bendy. They are smooth plastic. Ill soak them, and take it out every week to observe them.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Update: They have been soaking in a bucket of water for about a week, there is so odd smells coming from them. And lightly scratched them, and no paint has come off. I will observe for another week.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Saw little popped air bubbles in Toothless tail (the red part), can't remember if they were always there. But I stopped the experiment, because I love my cup topper, and didn't want to risk ruinning it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts