Betta Fish Forum banner

21 - 40 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Thanks! Reagan that's cool. I just thought he looked like a Jasper. :) I saw him and couldn't resist. I am normally more a hm person. But he came right out and flared at me when I looked at him. Your boy is lovely!

·
Registered
400 Posts
Wow Araielle! Now that's the deep green I was thinking of. He's beautiful!
Thanks! It's funny. I've been trying to get a picture of him where he's blue like in the picture from aquabid, but that's just not happenin' just yet. At least he's pretty either way and so much fun to watch.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Thanks! Reagan that's cool. I just thought he looked like a Jasper. :) I saw him and couldn't resist. I am normally more a hm person. But he came right out and flared at me when I looked at him. Your boy is lovely!
I couldn't resist a crowntail like that either. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Her I thought I would post my new green girl:

Sorry pic is blurry, she wasn't for the picture taking idea.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Technically there are no "true" green Bettas, just turquoise that look green without light bulb lighting and occasionally look green in sunlight as well. But there are no true greens that look green in regular lighting. Some coppers as well sometimes look green with their metallic sheen :)
I'm sorry 2 say, I believe u may be mistaken about the technicality concerning "true" green bettas, because Jade is a breeder verified "true" green HM.

Certain lighting sometimes makes him look turquoise, or even blue, but keep in mind that there are two base colors for green.... Yellow & blue. When light hits his scales at different angles, it reflect the wavelengths of these shades differently, and can alter perception of color. To me, green is one of the hardest colors to showcase thru an image.... And true green fish are rare & very special. I have searched for a true green betta, like Jade, for over a decade! Finally he is a reality :)

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
I'm sorry 2 say, I believe u may be mistaken about the technicality concerning "true" green bettas, because Jade is a breeder verified "true" green HM.
Also you can read a few breeder remarks on the subject that there are a few that are trying to breed dark forest green bettas, but because they are so rare there having problems keeping the Dark color.

·
Registered
339 Posts
This is one of my new guys. :) He looks more blue until a light shines on him and then he looks like this!

Also you can read a few breeder remarks on the subject that there are a few that are trying to breed dark forest green bettas, but because they are so rare there having problems keeping the Dark color.
Exactly.... Which is why Jade is more of a minty-emerald green, rather than that deep forest green, lol. I may be going back for another green HM later this week, which is a dark emerald salamander. I almost bought him Sun, when I picked Hawk up, but my husband would've killed me if I had blown my entire paycheck (am a waitress) on rare bettas!! Lol

·
Registered
40 Posts
this is bubbles, I just got him today at PetSmart. I came on to check if there were any contests and saw this. I'm not sure if he counts or not, He is mostly turquoise. I'm not sure if you can tell from the picture.

Attachments

·
Registered
400 Posts
this is bubbles, I just got him today at PetSmart. I came on to check if there were any contests and saw this. I'm not sure if he counts or not, He is mostly turquoise. I'm not sure if you can tell from the picture.
OOOH! He is so pretty! He looks green enough to be green to me. =P
Good luck!

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
This is only a contest meant for fun and to honor St.Patrick`s Day when perhaps we all have a little green in us ;-)

No debates ever allowed in the contest thread. I am going to remove those posts and if you would like to continue this debate please feel free to use the new thread eatmice2010 made.

Thanks for your understanding and remember the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow is...You !

*Does a little Irish jig while no one is looking...I hope because I just fell on me lucky charms*

·
Registered
339 Posts
Are multiple pics (entries) of the same fish allowed? As in a better pic?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Yah, go for it, ocean!

And PoissonsMom, I don't see why that should be a problem. If you posted a pic of him already just make reference to that post and let us know its the same fish.

21 - 40 of 70 Posts