Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My original salvinia sale thread is too old to put a new post in so making a new one.
About the Plant
This floating plant grows fast, and is perfect for someone that wants floaters but not the near-impossible-to-get-rid-of duckweed, and something with shorter roots than water lettuce and frogbit . It also does not get burnt leaves from strong light or deteriorate from condensation like frogbit does. Bettas love having the shaded area and somewhere to build bubble nests in, plus they help absorb nitrates. If you are having problems with hair algae (caused by too strong lighting or too long photo period) floating plants can be a help in reducing the light to combat/prevent that algae.

This plant has a very cool cat tongue like texture on the top of its leaves.

Plants will come from a mix of 3 betta tanks which have medium light and get a variety liquid ferts (one tank gets no ferts-has root tabs) they thrive in all the tanks.

Example photos of Salvinia Minima on my 7g.

Selling Info
$10 total via PayPal (shipping is in price) for a 10"x6" tub worth will ship in a small USPS priority box. Example of portion size below

If you are interested or have questions leave a post or PM me ^^

·
Registered
282 Posts
I have Frogbit in my 2.5 Spec 3, It was growing real well, now some leaves are turning
brown/yellow. I do have a lid on the tank. Do you think the condensation is the reason?

Does the Slavinia Minima have the same requirements?
I would like to give it a try.

Bob

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I have Frogbit in my 2.5 Spec 3, It was growing real well, now some leaves are turning
brown/yellow. I do have a lid on the tank. Do you think the condensation is the reason?

Does the Slavinia Minima have the same requirements?
I would like to give it a try.

Bob
Yes condensation dripping on leaves of frogbit will cause the yellow/browning of leaves, ultimately you have to prune the dieng leaves or they will completely break down in the tank (not visually appalling and can add to nitrates). Salvinia minima does not have that issue with condensation.

Salvinia does great in same environment as frogbit, it can do well a little less light than frogbit needs too, but more will not hurt it. I'll shot you a PM with payment details.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I might be interested, I'm still considering. I also want to wait til my tank cycles first.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I received mine last week and am very happy with the purchase. It FILLED my 2.5g.

Very fast shipping and perfectly packed.

Thanks Aqua Aurora.

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I received mine last week and am very happy with the purchase. It FILLED my 2.5g.

Very fast shipping and perfectly packed.

Thanks Aqua Aurora.
Glad to hear! You're quite welcome ^^

·
Registered
808 Posts
I may be interested in getting some next week, but I am in no rush.

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I may be interested in getting some next week, but I am in no rush.
K, I can contact you Sunday/Monday with payment info. I typically ship Monday through Thursday for delivery Wednesday through Saturday.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Sounds good, I will not be available to pick up the end of next week (because they decided to put 3 days of classes between Spring and Easter break, because why not), but that would be great. I just opened a PayPal account, so I just need to add in my payment methods. Thanks!

·
Registered
218 Posts
I would love some of this if theres any left :]

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Do you only accept paypal?
Yes. Its easy enough to set up an account if you have a bank account or credit card. I you don't have either, ask you parents.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts