Betta Fish Forum banner

221 - 240 of 1426 Posts

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #221
I'll get started on Willow and Merah whenever my mother gives me my laptop back. Oh and for Merah, his actual sized fins, or imaginary fully healed fins?

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
I would actually keep his battered, tattered fins if that's okay with you. That's his trademark, kinda :)

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #224
I can do Callisto and Castor tomorrow, along with Sapho. Still haven't gotten started on Willow or Merah yet because my laptop is being held hostage by a mad woman.

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #225 (Edited)
The issue now with the signature picture is it's too tall since Merah's fins are bigger.. You might get scolded by the mods if you have the text with it. Size options included, again. I'll add more to the signature as I do your bettas. ._.
I was also unsure of Merah's color. I saw one picture where he was almost all blue and I've been questioning myself.. I made another version of him that's blue like the picture that I can switch out to if it's wrong.

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
I'll play around with the text a bit :p thanks again! Merah isn't exactly all blue. He just has a spread irid (the Si factor) which - by the way - you captured perfectly in the little pic <3

And now you have the template for a female DT and a ragged HM male lol

·
Registered
551 Posts

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #228
I keep having the same reoccurring dream where I go to a PetSmart inside of a mall, the same one in every dream, and right before I get to the Betta section, someone distracts me with puppies. I have really weird dreams..

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #231 (Edited)
I finished working on Callisto and Castor signature art. Here's the finished product, plus size options because that's a thing now since I did it for Olivia. (Almost forgot to add them)

Castor was a bit of a challenge.. I couldn't get his pineapple looking scales right. Hope that's good enough.

Also, your photography is amazing! It was a treat working on these guys, they're gorgeous.

Oh to Sapho, then off to bed.

·
Registered
551 Posts
You are awesome! These look so cool and real!!! Thank you very much :p you've got Calisto's scales perfectly!

Glad you had fun making these! Callisto and Castor are always fun to photograph :)

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
Eeep it's a Sapho! XD yaay <3 and don't worry about the size lol seems like the only one I can fit is the smallest one anyway

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #235
I've switched Roman and Meeko.. I'm hoping Meeko will stop fin biting, and that it was just caused by him being in a divided tank.

lilnaugrim has said Roman has done well in a divided tank and was relatively unbothered by it, so I opted to switch him since he's had experience in a divided tank. He's uninterested in his neighbor and is super interested in the cholla in his side. Topaz is a good boy and never flares or challenges, they should be fine.

Meeko, however, seems very stressed by the move. I had him netted for a bit while I looking for a cup, and he went deathly pale. Completely freaked me out. Meeko is so fragile.. I hope being in a tank by himself fixes some of his issues. He's hiding under some of the plants at the bottom.. I hope I made the right decision.

Worst case scenario, if Roman has issues, I'll put him back in his tank and I'll get Meeko a small 2.5 gallon for my desk. I'll just let Topaz have the whole 10g.

I spoke to soon with the no interest in his neighbor thing. Roman is flaring, and as usual Topaz shows no interest. But unlike Meeko, Roman isn't actually attacking the divider.. Now would be the time to get some good flaring pics.

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #236 (Edited)
"Y u do dis?"
View attachment 758729

I guess he feels a little better now? He's being interactive again. Comes up to the glass when I come over to check on him.
View attachment 758737
He colored back up again. He was so pale his face was white instead of black. I've never seen a Betta pale so quickly, I thought that was a thing that happened over a while not within 30 seconds.

Also, Roman has calmed down. No more chasing the divider. He's just chilling in the floating tube and laying on a plant.

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
Glad you found Cy's breeder pic! I forgot to put it here so you can find it more easily >< Nichi looked very Nichi, don't worry ;) you did a great job! Thank you!

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #239
Your welcome.

A bit of dog advice needed, people. Hercules has a huge cut on his shoulder. I've been cleaning it, but obviously I can't bandage it because he's a dog and he's going to take it off. He keeps scratching the scab off and making it bleed every day. He's losing a big patch of hair on his shoulder from the scratching and not letting it heal. I don't know what to do, it's never going to heal. -_- It's been there for a week already with no improvement because he opens the wound after it heals a little. I thought about getting dog boots and putting it on his paw to stop him from scratching it off but he's just going to take it off and eat it soon as I stop looking at him. Help?

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
Do you have access to Thundershirt or a medical shirt? Bandage it and then put the shirt over the bandage?

221 - 240 of 1426 Posts