Betta Fish Forum banner

41 - 60 of 1426 Posts

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #41 (Edited)
I never talk about Merlin much.. But it's thanks to him that I got into this hobby.

So, here he is. Curly fins and all, in his little floating tube I just made for him. Excuse the algae.

View attachment 737754

5 out of 7 are actually using their tubes. Merlin likes his, Azure is a little skeptical of it but he's using it, Rajah keeps going in it and swimming out like a mad fish, and Apollo has been sitting in it since I put it in there. Sebastian doesn't really use it often.

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #44 (Edited)
I let him out, and maybe 30 seconds later he starts trying to eat plant stems, roots, and nibbling the duckweed lol. I like this guy already. He settled himself in a bundle of plants.

Light was on for photo purposes. I'm keeping it off all day today and tomorrow to help him relax.

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #46 (Edited)
So.. Apparently Roman's tank has something called Copepods. They're little bugs crawling on the glass. I immediately freaked out and thought they were parasites, and I took my box of General Cure out faster than you can imagine.. But after some research they look exactly like what a lot of people said were Copepods. I'm tempted to try to crush them.. I don't like the idea of tiny white bugs in my tank with my fish. I haven't seen any in any other tank I've had.. It's weird. But, I'm trusting the Internet's word that they're harmless to fish.

Well, here's Roman being skeptical of me from his floating tube.
View attachment 738658

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
Yay! *confetti cannon* Roman! :D

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #48 (Edited)
His name is Cola now, according to my mother. She said he looks like a can of Cola so she's calling him that now. I'm keeping his name, but now he has two? I guess? Roman/Cola is settling in really well. He won't eat pellets, but he'll get over it and eat them eventually, I hope.

She keeps renaming my fish. Rajah is Rajah/Martin now.

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
I love the picture of Roman in the tunnel.

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #51 (Edited)
He's red again. I took this yesterday.

View attachment 739530

He also kind of ate? I say kind of because he'll eat it, spit it out, and then keep eating it and spitting it out until he finally decides he wants to keep it in. I thought maybe the 1mm NLS pellets were too big but lilnaugrim used to feed him those with no problems before. Soo I guess he's just being a picky fish baby.

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Roman ate 2 pellets without the whole spitting out routine. However, he wouldn't even attempt to eat the third one. At least there's some progress.

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #53 (Edited)
Hercules cut himself on something in the backyard while I was playing fetch with him. Blood everywhere, and he didn't even care. It doesn't look so bad now, it's scabbing up, but so much blood made me panic.. Oh then him with peroxide.. Acting like it hurts and not letting me grab his leg. Big tough guy dog bleeding like a stuck pig and not noticing turning into a little baby because of some peroxide. He has one on his other leg too but it's not as bad.
View attachment 739794

In aquatic news.. I caught Marty using Azure's floating tube.. At least someone is using it. Not sure how he's going to get out of there..
View attachment 739802

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
Ewwww. *squeals* Blood -.-

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Woo! Roman ate like a hungry fish tonight. He didn't even spit one pellet out, and he ate 4. Guess he just needed some time to settle in before eating normally. I'm so glad I don't have another picky flake only Betta to add to the list.

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
The electricity is out! At least it's hot today.. All my tanks are staying at a steady 77 degrees, not far off from their usual 80 degrees. Hopefully everything is solved soon..

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
hehe! Beard.

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #59 (Edited)
So, good old Merlin hasn't made a bubble nest since the day I brought him home 6 months ago.

I caught him making his second bubble nest ever in his floating tube. He was guarding it from me when I was trying to take a picture.. He really likes that thing.
View attachment 740858

·
Registered
176 Posts
Tourmaline,

I love all the pics! Thanks for sharing and congrats on adding Roman to your home.

I have some exciting news to share that just might help Sebastian. I have a Midas cichlid that had some mild fin rot. I say mild, because there wasn't a lot of fin missing, but he really started acting unlike himself. He was hiding all the time, didn't want to eat, etc. And that is QUITE strange for a Midas; they are usually "in your face" charging the tank whenever I come near, and want to eat everything that isn't nailed down.

Well, once his behavior started deteriorating, I decided to treat him with meds, thinking the fin rot may have progressed to something that might go into septicemia. It's hard to tell on an orangish/red fish if there are red streaks in his fins. Anyway, I treated him with kanaplex AND doxycycline.

I am VERY happy to report that he is definitely on the road to recovery after about 5 days. He's back to charging the tank and eating.

Just thought that's a combo you haven't tried with Sebastian, and just may work for him as well.

41 - 60 of 1426 Posts