Betta Fish Forum banner

61 - 80 of 1426 Posts

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #61 (Edited)
In life news.. I finally found the perfect shade of red lip color in my favorite brand. This stuff lasts all day. Favorite. Lip color. Ever. And since the purple finally faded out of my hair, I'm dying it red next. Woo.
View attachment 741530

Also.. I have caramel apple rooibos tea. It's amazing. And it was only $1 for 30 bags.

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
I'll try the docycycline and Kanaplex in 3 days. I'm treating him with Triple Sulfa right now and as usual it's not helping at all.. And I think he's fin biting his anal fin somehow.

But he needs a break before switching meds again.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I agree - definitely give him a break between treatments. I was just amazed at how well it worked for my Midas. Doxy is also a good med to use in hard water.

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
I went back to the Petland I went to in the Bronx where I used to live.. Last time I went, they had a gorgeous silver HM Betta, and a near perfect blue butterfly who also looked like a HM, along with a pretty nice orangeish CT. This time, all they had was half dead blue with red wash VTs. Huge disappointment. They looked so sad..

However, they had blue aquarium sand. I might pick that up if I ever plan to do a blue themed tank. I picked up a pack of black for backup. I love the look of black, it makes the Betta's color pop, and the color of the plants look amazing. Blue sand tank coming soon? If I ever get another tank at least. I may switch out Sebastian's black gravel for blue sand at a later date.

Local PetSmart only had 4 males, and 6 females left. The males were all VTs, not nice ones either. There were some gorgeous females though.

All in all, I didn't have any fish eye candy today. I am sad.

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
Aww.

I'm a bit luckier, i found a Giant.. Platanium White that might possibly marble... At wal-mart. :p

Poor VTs, no one seems to like them, but they really are beautiful.

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
When did Walmart start selling giants? All I ever hear of them stocking is poorly bred CTs and VTs. Lucky!

I think nicely bred VTs are gorgeous.. But the droopy ones are just not something I like too much.

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
WalMart sell giants? Are they true Giants at 2" BO? If yes I truly feel for them. At least in Petco they do *some* maintenance :( at Walmart the only maintenance they do is throwing out dead bodies.

Edit: Tourmaline, whenever I feel like complaining about the apartment not being big enough to have more tanks, I go to AquaBid :p it's both the best and worst kind of torture lol

Edit: and dangerous for your savings account too... *stares at Willow*

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #68 (Edited)
I've been looking at Aquabid for a CT in the US.. I found a few on eBay but they want about $78 for them. Now that's dangerous to my savings account. Almost $80 for the fish, another $100 for the tank and plants, another $20 for the heater.. I don't think I want another tank for a while.

I've still yet to see a Walmart that stocks Bettas. I guess that's a lucky thing more than anything. They had a 1g tank kit with gravel and plants in it. My mother wants to get one and a baby Betta. -_- Trying to convince her against that.

Actually, I'll probably get another tank for my birthday. Last tank. No more space after that. I have a table that can hold a 5g. I desperately want a CT.. Something different, a unique color maybe..

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
OMG $78 before shipping?? Yeah I wouldn't. I mean, Willow was around that price too, but she's from Thailand. I can keep an eye out for you at my local Petco. They got some really nice fish lately. Better yet no matter the quality crown tails will always be $4

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
$78 with shipping. The fish itself is $50 buy it now, the shipping is usually $28 for that seller. The ones they sell are imports that were imported to them, for sale in the US. So I do understand the price, since they would be around that much if I went through the process of importing them myself, but that's kinda why I don't really want an import..

The day I got Meeko, there was the perfect CT there. He bit off a single one of his rays, but he was a gorgeous blue butterfly double ray CT. Mildly spoonheaded but even web reduction, he was showing off and he was still healthy. Not bad for a pet store Betta. I haven't found one that lives up to him yet. :(

My birthday cannot come any sooner. I have a bunch of extra plants now. I had to move most of the large ones out of Roman's tank because the light was killing them.. Now he has silk plants.

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
Ah! I think I know which breeder you're talking about. Try to find the same fish in eBay. Usually cheaper :) x

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
Those are eBay prices for the nicer ones that have already gone through being imported. D'x They're so pretty too.. I just don't want to cough up $80 for one. The eBay seller is 'ilovbettas'.

They have a nice blue marble male going for $5 with two bids with 30 minutes left. ;___;

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
I know which blue marble you're talking about LOL I stalk ilovbettas like a creep. That said, from a reseller point of view, I won't pay $30 (shipping only!) for that quality of fish. But then again it's more about connection than form, right? <3

edit: I thought you were talking about Prism Bettas XD she's awesome too!

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
I just search crowntail Betta on eBay and they're always the first seller to pop up. I don't want to be one of those people stalk eBay or AB for fish, I'd wind up with 20 Bettas and no money for myself or food. x_x I just look every now and then, and feel sad because there's so many nice fish that are too expensive.

Its more of an instant connection kind of thing, usually driven by looks. I've felt that with Apollo, and more recently with Meeko and Roman. The rest I bought for different reasons, usually a rescue of sorts, and started loving them for their personalities rather than buying them because of personal looks preference. Well, Apollo was half a pity buy and half because I liked his coloration, even though it was common. He still has issues with swimming even now.. And he's turned into a fin biter. I think it was the light causing that.. I've dimmed it since.

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #75 (Edited)
The misinformation is real.. I always try to correct people as subtly as possible, to not seem aggressive or that I'm saying they're wrong, even if it's something really little and meaningless, purely because that person they gave the information to will spread that misinformation too.. But when I correct someone, and they post more incorrect information ignoring and contradicting what I say when it's fact not opinion, screw it. Go ahead, spread your misinformation!

Maybe I shouldn't be part of Facebook groups.. I'll have a lot of people who hate me after today.

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
The creepiest thing happened. A dish towel in the middle of the kitchen caught fire. It wasn't near anything that could have produced a flame. No one noticed it until it disintegrated and the entire house was clouded in smoke. I don't know why they took the batteries out of the smoke detectors.. Not even one of the four dogs in this house noticed it or tried to alert us.

Even the stove here is flameless. I don't understand how it could have caught fire.. This is so creepy.

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #77 (Edited)
Oh, and another thing I forgot to mention.

I don't know what the hell is wrong with Sebastian. For the last 3 days, he's been trying to jump out of his feeding hole. I covered it with some craft mesh and taped it down, the food will still fit through but he obviously doesn't.

On top of that, he's biting his anal fin to bits. I checked his water parameters, and everything is low. Ammonia is 0.25 (Its that amount for all of my tanks, and they're cycled), 0 nitrites, 5 nitrates. I don't know what's wrong. I haven't added or removed anything from his tank before he started acting up.

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #79 (Edited)
"Pet me plz"
View attachment 743714

My dogs are so tolerant of my annoying crap. I like it when dogs are okay with just about anything. Hercules is like that. You can play with his ears all you want, grab his tail, grab his paws, do whatever to his face, hug him, lay on him.. He just sits there and lets you. He likes the hugging and laying on him though, he used to fall asleep like that when he was a puppy. He was stuck to me like velcro back then.. He's still a lap dog, just a very big one that doesn't fit in anyone's lap.

Rambling about dogs.. Haven't done that in a while. Dogs are amazing. Ignore my rambling.

61 - 80 of 1426 Posts