Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got this hideaway accessory and my friend has the same thing for her betta but the one I has a bit of rough and pointy/sharp edges, I want to sand it but my dad says no.....what should I do?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Have you run tights (pantyhose) over it, inside and out? If it snags the tights, it will need sanding or filing in the places it is sharp. IF it doesn't ladder the tights, it should be fine.

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
I worry about the safety of sanding store-bought aquarium ornaments. You never know if they have a protective coating to prevent leaching, and you could inadvertently sand it off and allow chemicals to leach into your tank. I just avoid buying sharp ornaments to be safe.

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
I worry about the safety of sanding store-bought aquarium ornaments. You never know if they have a protective coating to prevent leaching, and you could inadvertently sand it off and allow chemicals to leach into your tank. I just avoid buying sharp ornaments to be safe.
+1 this

Take a nylon stocking with you to the pet store and run it over the whole surface of anything you plant to get for a betta tank (except live plants, those are safe.. if attached to rock or wood you should check that though)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts