Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got Sapphira moved into a 2.5 gal tank finally. :) She seems to be enjoying it! I need more plants now...hehe. Have 6 java ferns on the way from Aquabid. Those should help fill in the space!

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Nice tank I like the set up. I just put Captain into a 2.5 gallon. I wish I could put red in one but he is too bottom heavy. His fins are longer than his body practically and he tilts when he sits still so it's a one gallon for him. :(

·
Registered
132 Posts
I'm afraid of live plants! LOL. I looked at them this weekend but chickened out. I would love to update the plastic plants I have now. I suppose I'll just find some silk plants. They don't die! :D

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Go with Java Fern, Anubias or marimo moss balls! You can't go wrong. They are extremely hardy plants, and don't have any special light requirements!

Lets put it this way. They survived a bleach water dip when I was disinfecting everything in the tank after Ruger died. :)

·
Registered
132 Posts
I have moss balls. They are nice, just kinda roll around on the bottom. I'll look into Java Ferns. I like the look of them and if they are easy to keep, then I'll go that route. I think my fish would like real better than fake plastic. :)

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have moss balls. They are nice, just kinda roll around on the bottom. I'll look into Java Ferns. I like the look of them and if they are easy to keep, then I'll go that route. I think my fish would like real better than fake plastic. :)

You can't beat 'em lol. You don't even have to anchor them to anything...they work just as well free floating as they do anchored to something. Same for Anubias. :) Both are extremely easy keepers, and my bettas like resting on the Anubias' large leaves.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Omg, she's so bitty that it makes the 2.5 look like a 5 gallon! Rofl! I'm still a big fan of this little girl! <3 her!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.