Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a Halfmoon double tail PK yesterday I notice his scale is starting to fall off. So I put bettafix and aquarium salt in the fix tank to help him heal. Why does his scales fall off? and what can I do to help him.

·
Registered
843 Posts
What color are the scales? Are they different from the others on his body?

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
You can clean the water and stop using bettafix!!! It contains tea tree oil and that can lead to labrynth problems. Best thing you can do for external scale problems is to put him in a pre-mixed solution of 1tsp aquarium salt + 1 gallon dechlorinated water. ONLY use it for a maximum of 10 days.

DO you have a pic?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you Laki, I do have a picture of him I'll post it up soon. The Scale falling of his face. The scale on his face looks lighter color and salted dots.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nowhere else on his body, just only his face. And I have only live plants in my 60 gallon tank. But I had moved him to a 2 gallon tank for external health treatment. I've never seen this happened to any betta before so it is very different. Makes me wonder whats wrong with him.

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
Hm, if you could upload pics!! Hopefully its just from getting stuck somewhere (do you have any decoration tunnels?) or another fish got him.

Someone else here might know better than me though! I still reccomend the salt treatment.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I dont have any decorations at all. Only live floating plants and underwater plants. And no other fish in the tank. Thank you Laki AQ-SALT IT IS! lol =)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts