Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Bettas, 4 Snails, 2 Shrimp, 2 Mice, 2 Hissing roaches
221 Posts
WHY IS MY FEMALE BETTA SCARED OF ME AND HOW TO STOP IT?
How long have you had her?
If you haven't had her long that's completely normal! Just give her some time and she'll learn to trust you, I had one that took nearly a month until he decided that him and I were friends!
Something you could try is spending more time with her. Just sitting near her or in her view, could try handfeeding her too. Just place it on the tip of your finger (might take her a bit to approach you though) and offer the food to her that way.
So really, it's just giving her time! She'll be love biting your fingers before long!

·
Registered
1) 25 litres, Jedi the betta,2) 60 litres with 2 blue rams and 6 tetras,3) my cat!
61 Posts
You could also talk to her! When mine hears my voice, he does a thing I call food dance! As Eridanus said,hiding is normal if you don't have her long.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How long have you had her?
If you haven't had her long that's completely normal! Just give her some time and she'll learn to trust you, I had one that took nearly a month until he decided that him and I were friends!
Something you could try is spending more time with her. Just sitting near her or in her view, could try handfeeding her too. Just place it on the tip of your finger (might take her a bit to approach you though) and offer the food to her that way.
So really, it's just giving her time! She'll be love biting your fingers before long!
i had her since june or july the 24 or 25th

·
Registered
221 Posts
i had her since june or july the 24 or 25th
Did she get really spooked by something by chance?
Could've been anything if so and you've just gotta give her time. Try working with her again?

·
Registered
Neptune, Venus, Blush, Tinty, & Pinky.
1,404 Posts
I've had mine since May. It does take a while for them to trust you. Now, Me and my boy are best friends!

·
Registered
221 Posts
Well... My little brother loves to tap the glass which makes her swim very swiftly. So i think thats the drawback.
I have little brothers too so I totally get it LOL. Alternatively to asking him to stop, you could try training her to approach the glass when you tap? Just do it lightly and if she comes up give her a treat. Might take her a bit but she should get it. You could make it fun and tap to the tune of a song too. I had my first few Bettas trained to do this, but some are more skittish so it doesn't work with all of them but just a thought!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
AL
I have little brothers too so I totally get it LOL. Alternatively to asking him to stop, you could try training her to approach the glass when you tap? Just do it lightly and if she comes up give her a treat. Might take her a bit but she should get it. You could make it fun and tap to the tune of a song too. I had my first few Bettas trained to do this, but some are more skittish so it doesn't work with all of them but just a thought!
Alright im really wishing for a sister now lol. I'll try stopping him. And training him. thx

1 - 9 of 9 Posts