Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10,790 Posts
This sensation sounds similar to sleep paralysis, which commonly occurs in narcolepsy and sleep apnea patients. Sleep paralysis is utterly, truly terrifying to experience. I swear, I thought I was being possessed. You're awake but you literally cannot move and it's as if something extremely heavy is pushing you down. You can also experience a sensation where you can't move but it feels as if you are levitating. Sometimes sleep paralysis is accompanied by hallucinations because the brain is still in REM mode (dream mode), which makes it even worse.

People with narcolepsy also experience hypnagogic jerks. o_O

And you all thought sleep was just sleep. ;)

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
I experience hypnogogic jerks all the time. I find them terrifying. I would watch that movie.

I've felt sleep paralysis too, when I've been exhausted. Happened the other day. I could not move a muscle.

·
Registered
462 Posts
This sensation sounds similar to sleep paralysis, which commonly occurs in narcolepsy and sleep apnea patients. Sleep paralysis is utterly, truly terrifying to experience. I swear, I thought I was being possessed. You're awake but you literally cannot move and it's as if something extremely heavy is pushing you down. You can also experience a sensation where you can't move but it feels as if you are levitating. Sometimes sleep paralysis is accompanied by hallucinations because the brain is still in REM mode (dream mode), which makes it even worse.

Now you say that, When i was a little kid, i used to have this weird feeling that i couldn't move and i wanted to scream but i couldn't either, i used to think that it was an evil spirit in my room but a friend of the family said that it was sleep paralysis.

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I experience hypnogogic jerks all the time. I find them terrifying. I would watch that movie.

I've felt sleep paralysis too, when I've been exhausted. Happened the other day. I could not move a muscle.
I also feel them all the time, usually when I've been staying up to late lol

Sakura8 This sensation sounds similar to sleep paralysis, which commonly occurs in narcolepsy and sleep apnea patients. Sleep paralysis is utterly, truly terrifying to experience. I swear, I thought I was being possessed. You're awake but you literally cannot move and it's as if something extremely heavy is pushing you down. You can also experience a sensation where you can't move but it feels as if you are levitating. Sometimes sleep paralysis is accompanied by hallucinations because the brain is still in REM mode (dream mode), which makes it even worse.

If I'm not sleeping well when I'm waking up I see crazy stuff, but I can usually still kinda move XD It happens to me and my two siblings. Usually it's out of place things or floating things but sometimes it's very scary. One time there was a big hole in my ceiling and a human silhouette with rats surrounding it's feet with glowing red eyes was staring at me. And another time this half dead looking guy with crazy eyes was staring straight into my face. The most common thing I see is dark figures standing in the corner, or the feeling of being watched. My brother once woke up and a cowboy was pointing a gun at him so hit him with his pillow, but he wasn't there so instead he ended up hitting his cup and denting the wall.

That movie would be so scary because of my own experiences O.O

·
Registered
10,790 Posts
I agree, that movie would be terrifying. The last time I had sleep paralysis, I hallucinated too and heard the most evil laughter all around me. I still feel like I should carry a bottle of holy water around and I'm not even catholic. o_O

1 - 7 of 7 Posts