Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently got tank mates for my betta fish, Captain America. I got three neon tetras to start with to see if The Captain would tolerate them. I also got a new cave with smaller holes then the on in my 5 gallon tank, so the tetras would have their own place to hide. Immediately Captain squeezed through the holes of the new cave and scrapped his head/back area. It's not too bad but I took the tetras and the new cave out. I changed his water and now have rocks to block the larger hole of the new cave. Is it okay to put the tetras back or should I let Captain rest for a few days? :/

·
Registered
279 Posts
Let him rest for a few days, and don't put rocks in front of the cave. You don't want him to get hurt again. You might want to get some silk plants and put them together so that the tetras can hide.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Wait, where do you have the tetras now? Also, what size is the tank they are goig into in a couple days? They really need a minium of 15 or 20 gallons, because they are very active fish. Also, you should have at least 5 tetras, because they are schooling fish and they get stressed out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts