Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Yup, 2 drops per gal should do it.

I like put my Prime and other ferts in these glass bottles with droppers:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004TS7NYK/

Then label them with a post-it taped all the way around. Much easier than trying to pour a tiny amount out of those big bottles into a bottle cap. Works great with big tanks, but for small tanks and small amounts, much easier to use these.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Yup, 2 drops per gal should do it.

I like put my Prime and other ferts in these glass bottles with droppers:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004TS7NYK/

Then label them with a post-it taped all the way around. Much easier than trying to pour a tiny amount out of those big bottles into a bottle cap. Works great with big tanks, but for small tanks and small amounts, much easier to use these.
Great!!! Where do you get the bottles with dropper at??? Oops you put it right in front of my eyes. no wonder I did'nt see it. Haha

·
Registered
164 Posts
Seems like you got your answer already but, if you have a syringe or access to them (I work in the medical field so I have needleless syringes available) then the dose is .10cc (or 100uL) per 1 gallon of water.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Seems like you got your answer already but, if you have a syringe or access to them (I work in the medical field so I have needleless syringes available) then the dose is .10cc (or 100uL) per 1 gallon of water.
That's true. I bought a bog box of 1 ml syringes. Works well for frequently-adjusted doses. But for nano tanks, 2 drops per gal actually works out to pretty darned close to the actual recommended dose (I tested, just a hair under), and it's simpler than drawing the liquid out of a syringe and carefully measuring each time... especially once the liquids in the main bottle get too low to reach with the little syringe anymore!

I wish I could find a bottle with an eye dropper that has graduated markings, to kill two birds with one tool, but so far no luck there. This works well enough, though.

·
Registered
560 Posts
I actually pour a bit of the Prime in the cap for the bottle and draw off that with the syringe. Otherwise, yeah, it would be difficult to get a 1cc syringe into that large bottle.
Oh, I use 1 ml syringe, works great for the first 25% of the bottle. But then, yeah, you have to pour into the cap first, making it a multi-step process. Way easier to just use the eye dropper bottles, IMO. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.