Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody I'm writing about my new betta Njord. I got him 2 weeks ago. He wasn't flaring at all since I got him (which is normal I guess since he's pretty young) but yesterday he started flaring for the first time. The only problem is he only flares when he sees me when my parents or brother are present he sort of just looks at us and won't even flare at his own reflection. Is it normal for Bettas to only flare at their owners?

·
Registered
736 Posts
Some bettas are peculiar about flaring sometimes.

Nick doesn't flare at reflections, but he basically spends half of every day trying to fight the snails in his tank. He used to flare at my treat wand, but seems to have given up on it after he's learned sticks dispense food.

·
Registered
552 Posts
One of mine mostly used to flare at me. It didn't take him long to learn that human means food. Now he generally only flares at me when I turn on his light. Can't blame him for that. It's dark and then this huge "thing" is hovering there. He's also more likely to flare at me if he has a bubble nest.

ETA: It's actually the boy in my avatar picture, Admiral.

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
The things they flare at, right? Sadist has a little boy that only flares at Cheez-Its. My newest boy Cobalt flares at award-winning novels!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.