Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Recently have received this Betta that was in a tank with 3 goldfish. I have the Betta in a 30 gal tank with 5 neon tetras and 5 black tetras that been established for about 5 weeks. The fish do not fight, flare, nip, or anything. The tank has one live plant which is an anubias on some driftwood. I had a 10" air stone in the tank but I don't think the betta enjoyed the current it put in the water. Currently I am doing a 25% water change every two days, I do not have a water test kit at this time.

I have read that bettas sometimes have a tendency to bite their own fins, also seen that this could result in fin rot. Hard to catch clear images of him as he is always moving around. Please see the attached images, thank you!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I forgot to mention there are several plastic plants in the tank in the one corner, which at night it looks like he kind of pins himself between the plants and the glass. I suppose so he can hide/sleep without drifting through the water. Could this situation be the result of his torn up fins as well? Thank you, all advice appreciated!

·
Registered
212 Posts
looks like biting. Fin rot there would be red along his fins and maybe his gills. if you start to see some clear, then the tail is growing back

·
Registered
251 Posts
Definitely tail biting, which could lead to fin rot if not taken care of properly for fin regrowth. Be sure to keep his water clean, and try to eliminate the cause of his tail biting, be it stress, light, etc.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts