Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
I just took a look at his FB page. Said he had 2 lavender dumbo for sale at $75.00 plus $17.00 shipping. Didn't say each and I sure hope that price was for the pair. and even then that's a little pricey.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
I finally found his ebay sales list. He is very much higher than most. I looked at most of what he has for sale and find the quality to be nice for ordinary betta but the price is way out of line for that quality.

However I did find a seller from San Bernardino Cal. Didn't get the name of the seller but his stock looks good and he gets his fish from a family farm in Thailand. I have the site saved in bookmarks. I'll send you the link.

·
Super Moderator
18,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the name. I bought from her and from her sister once before.

IMO, bettabyphong is reasonably priced for the quality and has OBO as an option which usually means you can offer $10-$15 less than listed. I've not been to his FB page so I don't know how the prices compare to eBay prices.

Normally, I would not even consider anyone except my regular source but bettabyphong has a Betta such as I've been seeking and my regular source doesn't seem to get. But what I need to know is how good is his packing for Summer shipment?

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
He has an 800 number on his Face Book page and they say any questions will be answered. From what I saw on the page I guess there are some there that you wold want (because I know your taste. LOL) but don't know I guess I need to re think or stay with mustard gas and half moon. Only because in the last few days I've seen posts with problems of heavy finnage. I don't want to go through that.

·
Super Moderator
18,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I guess I need to re think or stay with mustard gas and half moon. Only because in the last few days I've seen posts with problems of heavy finnage. I don't want to go through that.
That is why I believe adjustable filters are a must. I love heavy finnage but it takes a strong peduncle to be carried and the only way, IMO, to get those is through exercise.

Actually, I've never had a problem with exaggerated fins. They are active and swimming well from the get-go. But the filters gave them exercise and helped as the finned lengthened. The one I was sent to see if I could help has more problems that finnage going on.

And, thanks for the information on the 800 number.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts