Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got this little boy a week or two ago, to replace an older betta that'd passed just prior. He's supposedly a 'super delta' type betta? He's very curious about my phone's camera and will swim right up to the glass, making it hard for me to get a picture of his fins. But he also never really flares? I'm thinking it might be because he's young, but I'm not sure what age he is. The fish I had before and my mother's male (which we bought together from Wal-Mart, although this new betta is from the local pet store) flared often.
The betta pictured is named Sir Geoffrey.

·
Registered
768 Posts
My Midnight NEVER flared. Then I got the idea one night to try a mirror. It took him a bit but he finally saw himself and flared :) and I mean he flared lol.

(Ive had him half a year and just thought to try this the other day ha)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ahh, forgot to mention that -- I've even gone so far as trying to submerge the mirror in his water to see if it was just a visibility problem -- nothing. My former betta flared for a mirror just fine, but Geoff just doesn't seem to be very aggressive. If I had a bigger tank [I've got a three gallon with an air pump currently], I'd try to maybe add a few tankmates. He's curious, but docile. He's rather small, though -- I think it might just be because he's a younger fish?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.