Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi folks,

just to share how some hobbyist betta keepers housed their bettas in s'pore.

note, no need heater since the weather here is tropical. :cool:

and the water is tea colored because we added indian almond leaves as well, and it's freely available over here too :-D

i have two tanks side by side, the 2nd tank is for me to scoop the betta over when i need to water change.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Sweet looking tanks!

·
Registered
147 Posts
2 quick questions, if you don't mind me asking:

1.) Why do you keep the tanks only halfway full? If it's for jumping reasons, wouldn't it just be easier to get or make a lid?

2.) What is that plant in the middle of the temporary tank? It looks similar to this one kind of plant I got a few months ago that looks really cool and is now doing really well, but I can't remember for the life of me what it was called.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
2 quick questions, if you don't mind me asking:

1.) Why do you keep the tanks only halfway full? If it's for jumping reasons, wouldn't it just be easier to get or make a lid?

2.) What is that plant in the middle of the temporary tank? It looks similar to this one kind of plant I got a few months ago that looks really cool and is now doing really well, but I can't remember for the life of me what it was called.
Answer to Qn #1: Yes, I do have a cover in the tank where the little fella is being housed. The other tank I remove the cover because of the hang-on filter.

Answer to Qn #2: It's a type of moss. It's grown on top of a coconut shell, which creates a tunnel, for the betta to swim thru ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts