Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My plan was to add a shelf to my bed room. The tank will be ethier depending on space, weight it can support, and budget: Notice that all the tanks will have a airpump with a filter and a undergravel mini heater:

Tetra 1 Gallon LED Half Moon Betta Kit
Petco Mini Aquarium Kit
Tetra 1.5 Gallon LED Desktop Aquarium Kit
National Geographic™ Aqua Oasis Betta Aquarium

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
how much are you willing to spend?

I have the plastic shelving for my bettas. The price can vary on them. I think you can get them at Menards or home Depot.

Like this:

Here is what mine looks like with my tanks:

I took off one shelf so you can have all four layers, three or two layers. =)

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am willing to spend 70 dollars in allowance for the shelf to use for my betta tanks to have heaters and filters. 24 dollars if the 1st option is on sale, maybe a larger tank for bettas with longer fins like halfmoons.

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
the shelf that I have can hold up to 55lbs for each level. but you might want something stronger if you want something larger than a 5 gallon that I have up top. =)

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
5 gallon is a good idea. I need shelf space for my possesions and fish supplies too. So i am limited to two 5 gallons, 3 1 gallons or just 2 fish tanks.

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
I'd say have two 5 gallons that way you will have some leftover shelf room for your fish supplies. =)

·
Super Moderator
22,880 Posts
If you look under "Specifications," it says each shelf hold up to 250 pounds (unit is $20). If you have three Bettas, you could get a 10 for around $50 and divide. With an internal filter on each end you won't need a pump. I use two AquaTop IF201 (currently out of stock) in my 10 with the heater in the middle. If you have four Bettas, you could have one alone in a 2.5.

http://www.lowes.com/pd_328959-80752-142430B-DS_0__?productId=3468765&Ntt=style+selections+shelving&pl=1&currentURL=%3FNtt%3Dstyle%2Bselections%2Bshelving&facetInfo=

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Depends, my possesions are in the middle and bottom shelfs while the tank is in the upper section(not the top)

·
Super Moderator
22,880 Posts
I believe Style Selections makes three or four sizes. Can't remember, though. I have the largest which I once used to grow African violets; now I store my Cholla and other stuff I sell on them. They are very sturdy and come in black, too.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My shelfs will house 2-4 bettas depending on tank size and have a live daphnia and triop tank. Daphnia will supplement the diet of the bettas

1 - 12 of 12 Posts