Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I put shells at the bottom of my betta's bowl. Some of the edges are rather sharp -- will this cause harm to my beta?

Also, he has become rather pale and lethargic recently (lying on side). I see him eat his pellets and spit them out -- I can't tell how much he is eating because the pellets dissolve. I tried blood worms, but he didn't seem interested

We have had him for about 6 months.

I'd appreciate any help or advice! Thanks so much!!

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
It sounds like your betta is sick, please post your concerns in the disease section so you can get some help for him. There is a sticky in that section with basic info that will really help us help you. Please fill it out.

If the shells have sharp edges then you shouldn't risk using them.

·
Registered
3,651 Posts
Yes, they also may be contaminated/salty (if from the sea), which shouldnt be in the tank.

I second the disease thread, we'll help you there. <3

·
Registered
197 Posts
Try Daphnia? It's also a good brand.

I remember when I went out to get bloodworms, the lady said that Daphnia is the best brand & is unresistable

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
Also you should never leave your pellets in long enough to dissolve. Remove them within about 2 minutes if he doesn't eat them. Letting the pellets dissolve will foul the water.

I agree with the others that you betta sounds sick. Make a new thread in the diseases section so we can help your betta right away! Remember to fill out the sticky with the questions so we can help you asap without having to ask all the questions :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts