Betta Fish Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Everything is coming together nicely, I am sorry the drift wood did not work out. Very nice looking young man you have there Mr Fish.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Everything is coming together nicely, I am sorry the drift wood did not work out. Very nice looking young man you have there Mr Fish.
Thank you! And yeah, the driftwood was a bummer but definitely was a learning experience! Mr. Fish has been doing well and is super active! I forgot how much fun it was to simply sit and watch a betta fish swim around and explore!

I'm currently trying to figure out my next move in terms of live plants. I'd love to get some larger rocks and attach some anubias or moss to them is what I'm thinking.

Here's a full tank shot!
IMG_5501.jpg

Reactions: Emilioepo

·
Registered
81 Posts
Larger rocks might work, try attaching both kinds of plants to the same rock. Also a couple more plants that you could put in the substrate, live plants. He looks so colorful in his new home.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Larger rocks might work, try attaching both kinds of plants to the same rock. Also a couple more plants that you could put in the substrate, live plants. He looks so colorful in his new home.
Larger rocks was what I was thinking as well! I was doing some research and trying to find out if there were specific rock types that would be best. Some aquascaping rocks I was looking at said they could cause the pH to rise which I'd like to avoid since mine is already closer to the higher end since I'm on city water. I also want to make sure I get smooth ones/no jagged edges.

There's a neat LFS near me that has a nice selection of rocks, maybe I'll swing by there at some point and see if I can find a nice one for a centerpiece to attach plants to!

And yes, he seems to be loving his new home! He's built a large bubble nest and I feel like a proud parent lol

·
Registered
81 Posts
Wondering how the tank was coming along and what type of rock did you find. Come to think of it I need to start testing my ph......Kirby is doing well but just curious......also before I forget enjoy the holidays

21 - 25 of 25 Posts