Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Small update post of my tank & wondering if the planting experts think I should add or change anything to the set up. My main concern is lighting

Tank: Ten gallon
Light: Aqueon glass top on tank, desk lamp next to tank w/ 13 w CfL 6500k
- I read that some people put the desk lamp directly on their glass top? I would want to do this to have the light shine straight down but have concerns over safety....
- is my bulb enough light for low maintenance low/medium light plants?

Plants: Java fern & ludwigia on driftwood w/ java moss floating around or lightly wrapped to them
Anacharis & Ambulia in the substrate

I do have Flourish Comprehensive and the flourish root tabs

Any advice or tips would be great
I enclosed a pic, my tank has a perpetual light tint of tea thanks to the driftwood but I really don't mind it at all

Attachments

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Since last time I got a huge shipment of java ferns from a lovely tumblr user who only asked me for shipping. I moved the ambulia more to the background and added a couple of adorable nerites. I have a jungle growing :lol:

Attachments

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you so much for your feedback!! I really appreciate it
Doesn't Anubias need to be tied down to driftwood or rock? I have no more room on my driftwood after my java fern jungle came in x_x
I am primarily concerned about the light factor, if it is enough for everything, and the substrate factor, I got plain aquarium gravel and didn't even think I would start planting... Until I did start and now I don't want to stop :lol:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.