Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a male betta named Sapphire. I am wondering if I should get a female betta to put in a bowl next to him. I am hoping to breed them, but I dont want either of them to get hurt. What should I do?!?

·
Registered
414 Posts
You can get a female if u want, but breeding them im not so sure about..maybe u should research a lil more about breeding before u actually attempt it.

·
Registered
4,899 Posts
There is always a risk of the death of one or both parents when breeding.. It pays to have experience. If you don't want to risk a loss, then I wouldn't try breeding.
Also I don't think it'd be good to have a female where she can see the male, because this could cause her to get eggy which would be a problem :p

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The only other place I could put the female is in my bathroom, but im afraid that she would be lonley

·
Registered
4,899 Posts
If you have them side by side, even putting a piece of paper between the tanks should be enough :)

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
If you are up for the care of another betta get a female. I love females. I would not attempt breeding until after months of research.

·
Registered
4,603 Posts
If you only have room to put the bowls next to each other, you definitely don't have room to breed.
Just get the fish that calls to you the most, regardless of gender. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts