Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My pair just spawned last night (my first successful spawn :)) and I have some eggs in the nest. The problem is the male isn't interested, but the female has been picking up eggs and building onto the bubble nest (which is truthfully almost non-existent). The male has been chasing the female at times and swimming under the nest, but I haven't seen him taking care of it. Would it be best to pull the male and leave the female? Or should I try to artificially hatch the eggs?

·
Super Moderator
7,319 Posts
Remove both of them. Either let eggs hatch on their own or move them to a bowl to artificially hatch them.

Males that do not tend to eggs during spawning will likely eat the eggs later.
Females will most likely eat the eggs later. One in, maybe a million, might tend to fry. But don't count on your female as being that special "one".

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you indjo. I removed them both as I did see some of the eggs were disappearing. I think this spawn is a bust as I only see a few eggs and most have fallen to the bottom of the tank. Waiting to see if any of them make it before I count them out though.
Going to condition the pair again and hope for better results next time.

Reactions: DE-BETTA-BOWL <3
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.