Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, everyone. Nice to see all of you here. A little bit about myself: I am a busy self-employed person who spends most of my day in my office before I go home. Last week I decided to keep a betta in my office as my work pal. Yo are welcome to view the pictures I put up for my office and my betta.

I have been following everything the pet store person teaches me about betta and I have reviewed the articles in this forum to make sure I keep my pet the right way. He is seeming happy so far, but I will keep very close eye on it. I want him to be happy.

So...... My pet is unnamed yet...... I am thinking about naming him Putin, Uh......... What do you think? LOL.:shock:

·
Registered
37 Posts
You should name your fish whatever suits you/him.
But I will say, that you should not completely submerge your bamboo plants.

·
Premium Member
22,700 Posts
Yeah I was going to comment about the bamboo as well. The root's can be in the water but the shoots should not be, it will eventually rot and make the tank nasty. And are those coins real? If so, get them out of there, they will leech some nasty metals into the water which can hurt both the plants and your fish! The idea is fantastic though! And yes, I think you should name him Valadimir!

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
If you want to name your fish after the president of Russia, then go right ahead. His middle name is vladimirovich.

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
We had a dog named Gorbachev. Gorby for short. They both had the same funky mark on the forehead. Putin is good name if your fish has communist or totalitarian political beliefs which he probably does. Most betta fish are Communists.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you for the advise.

Thanks for the advise and the comment. I will rearrange the tank.

My betta like s to be alone, he is kind of cool and unfriendly. I think naming him Putin is perfect. LOL.

·
Registered
154 Posts
We had a dog named Gorbachev. Gorby for short. They both had the same funky mark on the forehead. Putin is good name if your fish has communist or totalitarian political beliefs which he probably does. Most betta fish are Communists.
I agree. even 'Fishius is a communist, and he's the most calm fish you've ever met. until it comes to food. then he's scary.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts